Welcome to the official page for the NASRCC SIB Conference 2020!
How do I apply to attend the conference?
Each Local has been allotted a number of seats at the conference based on the percent of female membership of the Council.
Application to the conference is a three-step process:
STEP 1: To be considered to attend the conference, please fill out the initial interest application form by clicking here.
Deadline to apply: Interest forms must be submitted by 5pm on Friday, February 14.
STEP 2: Names will be reviewed & approved by the Locals.
- If a Local has more interested Sisters than allocated spaces, the Local will select attendees from their list by prioritizing participation in union activities.
- A wait list will be created for members over the allocated spaces.
- If some Locals don’t fill their seats, or if someone cancels, we will be able to pull names from the wait lists.
- Timeline: Locals will approve names and create wait list (if needed) by the end of February.
STEP 3: Members submit full registration information.
- Starting around March 1, the Council will send emails to all applicants to let them know if they’ve been selected or are on the waitlist.
- Selected attendees will be invited to register via a link, which will include selecting workshops, sharing food needs, transportation info, etc.
- Deadline to register: Full registrations must be submitted by 5pm on Friday, March 13.
- People will be invited to attend off the waitlist if/as seats open up.
If you have any questions please contact:
- Lisa Clauson, Central/Western MA: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicole Grodner, SIB Chair, NY: email@example.com
- Kim Hokanson, Northern New England: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amelia Phinney, SE MA/RI: email@example.com
- Liz Skidmore, Boston: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marie Smithgall, SIB Co-Chair NY: email@example.com
When and Where is the conference?
When: The conference is June 12 – 14, 2020.
Registration will start late afternoon on Friday, June 12.
The program will start around 6pm Friday. (Attendees will be notified of exact time.)
The conference will end at 1pm on Sunday, June 14.
Where: The Conference will be held at the Carpenters Training Center in Millbury, MA.
Hotel: We will be staying at the Sheraton in Framingham.
There will be buses to get between the hotel and the training center, as well as parking for those with cars.
What does the conference cost?
Costs for the conference, food and lodging will be covered by the North Atlantic States Regional Council of Carpenters.
What if my Local wants to donate something as a give-away at the conference?
We welcome 1 donation for the raffle per Local. Please use contacts, above, to offer a donation.